Watch Me Turn 30, by Amy M.
ABOUT THIS SITE
I inherited this site from the lovely Holly P., whom you all know. I'm a photo/sports freak who needed a creative outlet. Thought it would be cool to record my thirtieth year, which will be action-packed!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I'm, Amy, I'm 29, and I call beautiful Brooklyn home. Brooklyn will be featured a lot, so get ready. As will my friends, family, photographers, famous athletes, Asia, and the Caribbean. Not in that order though.

the photo for September 23, 2005
DAY 225  |  September 23, 2005
Today I woke up at 5am to surf with the ladies and an adventurous writer we work with who is a surf nut as well. He claimed he was going to pick G-love and I up at 5:30am, so we could get a quick surf in and get to work on time. Cut to 6:15 and my ride has finally shown up. I longed for those lost 45minutes of sleep as if it was an estranged lover.

We rolled up to Rockaway along with the early fall sun. Whatever laid back surfer attitude I had in the car disappeared when I saw how angry and choppy the waves where. I got in but didnít make it out past the breaks. My frustration turned to goofiness since the whitewater was really fun to practice popup in. I was pretty happy and proud that I was out there trying my best, but my friends (who are now crazy good) werenít that impressed. They keep encouraging me to get out there, and there is not way I will get better unless I really get out there and endure the bad conditions. There are a lot of surfing metaphors that can be applied to life, I guess. I always think, that 70% of success is showing up. I think I need to work on the other 30% more.

« back   ::   permalink   ::   next »

HOME
# OF DAYS LEFT:
NONE!!!

ARCHIVE
ascending order
descending order
view a random day

PEOPLE I LIKE
Ange
Betsy
Catherine
Crazy Knee
Gawker
Grellan
Holly
Pulpy
Randy
Stacy
Soxaholix
Tahiti
Tully
Wonkette

PEOPLE I LIKE
WHO TAKE PICTURES
Me again
Eliot
Joe's NYC
Overshadowed
Quarlo
Rion
Satan's Laundromat
Scott

All contents © 2005-2006 Amy M.