So there are a bunch of books about turning 30 out there. According to this book these are the 30 things you should know how to do by the time you are 30. The following list will make the parents proud. Except for number #6.
1. Wrap a present—Sure.
2. Start a successful fire in a fireplace, at a campsite, and in a barbecue -Hmm. I can build a bbq. Fireplace I always stink at.
3. Finish a piece of furniture – Haven’t done that yet.
4. Get a raise – No comment.
5. Order wine at a restaurant without getting stiffed – I guess.
6. Parallel park in three breathtakingly beautiful movements. - This is so sad. I haven’t parallel parked in about a decade.
7. Dance a “slow dance” without looking like an idiot.- Anything involving dance, I can do.
8. Use a full place setting properly, including chopsticks and Asian soup spoons. - Asian utensils and me are friends.
9. Clean your place in under 45 minutes, when friends, relatives, or prospective lovers are coming by unexpectedly, and soon. - Oh yeah.
10. Hold your liquor – Si.
11. Cure a hangover – I’ll have a egg and cheese to go. And a Gatorade.
12. Do the Heimlich Maneuver – Never had to perform it. Think I could do it.
13. Use a compass – I guess.
14. Change a flat –Nope.
15. Jump start a car—Nope.
16. Open a champagne bottle – I’m not an expert at this but if I had to, I think you just turn the cork very slowly, and when in doubt, put a towel over it so you won’t put anyone’s eye out.
17. Send a drink to someone’s table. – I have bought a round of drinks.
18. Cook one “signature meal” . - Salmon, green beans and mash potatoes. And I make great breakfasts.
19. Whistle with your fingers – Can’t.
20. Take good pictures – Child, please.
21. Fold a fitted sheet - Not only that, Mom’s a nurse and she taught me the hospital corners.
22. Remove common stains – Blood needs cold water, everything else, shout it out.
23. Sew a button – Kath taught me some skills. I can hem pants. Not well, but I can get the job done.
24. Carve turkey, lasagna, and birthday cake – Yes, yes and yes.
25. Hold a baby – I’ve got a degree in this.
26. Change a diaper – I have a masters in this.
27. Keep a plant alive for more than a year – I use to have a garden.
28. Make dogs and cats love you – Baci loves me, My ex-roommate kitty liked me.
29. Help someone (an older or ill person, a woman you’re trying to impress, your mother) out of a car – Can do.
30. Write superior thank you notes – Well, I hardly write Christmas card, so no.
I get a C-.